PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
PREPARATION FOR A PEEL TREATMENT
You will be having a skin treatment on the day of your appointment Please follow the instructions below to prepare:
• Use of AlumierMD home care products prior to your peel is recommended to prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. Please consult your physician or skincare professional for appropriate recommendations for your skin type and condition.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
• For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use AlumierMD home care products for 10 to 14 days prior to treatment
• If you are lactating, pregnant, or may be pregnant, consult your physician before receiving any treatment.
• Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least two weeks prior to treatment
• Avoid the use of retinoid products (eg. retinol, Retin Tazorac9 and high levels of AHA and BHA products for approximately 7 days prior to treatment Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing the use of any prescription medications.
AlumierMD skin treatments result in minimal to no downtime but create dramatic and visible results. Treatments may cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most patients do not find it necessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following your treatment.
POST-PEEL SKIN TREATMENT TIPS
You have just received an AlumierMD Skin Treatment. Due
to the nature of these treatments, you should not necessarily expect to "peel". However, you may have light to moderate flaking in a few localized areas for 3 to 7 days. You may also experience residual redness, which lasts in most patients from 1 to 12 hours. It is recommended that you do not apply makeup on the day of the treatment It is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight However, makeup can be applied, if necessary. Tonight your skin will feel tight and "pulled".
Although you may or may not actually "peel", it is likely that you will experience a light "exfoliation". It may take 2 or
more treatments to target the deeper layers of skin to loosen and "peel".
In order to obtain maximum results and avoid complications, please follow the post-peel instructions listed below for approximately 5 to 7 days:
Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat.
Only use the products provided to you in your post-procedure kit for 5 to 7 days post-treatment.
Discontinue the use of any product that irritates your skin and contact your skincare professional.
Important: Keep your skin hydrated. Hydration is key to proper healing.
DO NOT cleanse your skin on the evening of your peel.
DO NOT pick or pull any flaking skin.
DO NOT tan or use a tanning booth for at least 14 days post-peel.
DO NOT have electrolysis, waxing, threading or any other form of hair removal for 7 days post-treatment.
DO NOT use facial scrubs or mechanical forms of exfoliation for 14 days post-peel.
DO NOT use retinoic acid, AHA or BHA for 14 days post-peel.
DO NOT have laser hair removal, photo facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for 14 days post-peel.
DO NOT apply ice or ice water on the treated area.
DO NOT use hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, and/or excessively hot showers for 2 days post-peel.
DO NOT go swimming for 2 days post-peel.
DO NOT participate in aerobic exercise for 2 days post-peel.