DERMAL FILLER TREATMENTS
PRE-POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Welcome to self-love and thank you for taking the time to read over the most important part of your treatment-pre and post-care instructions. Please alert the office if you have any symptoms not listed here and if you feel any concerns about a symptom you are experiencing at 416-238-6773.
Please allow 14 days to realize the full result of this treatment. Dermal filler is a smooth injectable gel containing hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is found within all mammals and its material is contained in various soft tissue. It does this by filling the space of volume loss which improves folds and wrinkles, as well as attracting water to replenish moisture to your skin. Filler restores volume loss and fills naturally occurring static lines. Lots of water is recommended to keep long-lasting results.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE A LIGHT SNACK AND PLENTY OF FLUIDS PRIOR TO TREATMENT. PLEASE ADVISE US IF YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF FAINTING SPELLS.
1. PRECARE (a) do not consume alcohol at least 24 hours before treatment.
(b)schedule your filler appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event and vacation.
(c) discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
(d) if you are receiving a history of cold sores advise the office so the MD can prescribe Valtrex prior to your appointment.
(e) no dental work 2-4 weeks pre and post-treatment
(f) no active acne, skin irritations or skin inflammation
(e) avoid the following pre and post-treatment 7 days or up to 2 weeks prior to the appointment: avoid anti-inflammatory, blood thinning medication and diabetic meds, Advil, Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve and other NSAIDS meds, Vitamins- avoid Vitamin E, Garlic, Ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John's Wart, Omegas 3/6/9, salmon oil, dark chocolate, grapefruit. As listed above will increase your risk of bruising and swelling at the injection site. Any autoimmune disease of the following should be reported to the health care provider Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, ScIeroderma, no breastfeeding/pregnancy, objection to human albumin. Vaccine timeline ie: Covid vaccine -2 weeks before/after, reschedule your treatment if you are on antibiotics- 2 weeks after medication is finished.
2. POST-BARE FIRST HOUR AFTER FILLER THE FOLLOWING MAY APPEAR: redness, bruising, swelling, red pinpoint pokes(needle marks), mosquito bites, tenderness, itchiness at the site, asymmetries,
3. POST-CARE SHOULD NOT APPEAR: bumps, blisters, edema, vision changes (contact office a.s.a.p.), referring pain, skin discolouration (scarring, pale white —blanching, blotchy, deep bluish, greyish hue known as Tyndall effect), sudden dramatic bruising, do a pinch the skin test-if skin takes time to bounce back, skin feels chilled at or around the injection site, rash, cellulitis (infections) granulomas, visual you can see the filler material, hypersensitivity (allergic reaction) migration of filler.
4. POST-CARE- Avoid hot beverages for 4 hours after lip filler. The lidocaine in filler needs time to wear off, remain upright do not lie down,
5. POST-CARE- Avoid for 24 hours - alcohol, strenuous exercising, no hot-tubs, no hot yoga, no hot
baths, steam room, sauna, sunbathing, no hot wax, no extremely cold outdoor sports, no harsh scrubs/facial products, if you are getting lip fill you must purchase a NEW lip balm to avoid a bacterial infection-do not use or apply lipstick, avoid being scratched by pets around or at the injection site, and avoid touching the injection site.
6. POST-CARE- Avoid for 2 weeks- laser treatments, chemical skin peels, microdermabrasion, derma planning, and micro-needling.
If you are concerned with bruising and/or bruising easily please inform us and we will recommend Arnica ointment or gel. You can purchase Arinca at MDs on The Queensway, local pharmacy, Sage. Pineapple juice has been studied to break down the by-products of hemoglobin in your blood and minimize visible bruising.
Apply a light cold compression or ice pack- 10 mins on 15 mins off. 3 to 4 x daily up to 48 hours. Minimize movement of the treated area, however if there is a visible bump/lump you can massage
the area with clean hands. The product will soften within a few days naturally into the skin. Protect the skin by wearing sunscreen daily. Makeup can be applied only in areas not treated.
CONTRADICTIONS: (a) If you have an allergic reaction to avian products or eggs and have sensitivity to gram-positive bacteria proteins you should not be receiving filler with hyaluronic acid.
(b) If you had hyaluronic acid fillers you cannot mix Juvederm's Vycross line.
(c) You cannot receive filler if you have implants in the area being treated.
(d) If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
(f) Any allergies to lidocaine — as the filler has lidocaine mixed with hyaluronic acid
The results of dermal filler are best with a regular and continued self-care routine at LOTUS by MDs@ QUEENSWAY EMPHASIS THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION AND FRBILIENCY FOLLOW-OP MINI CARE Be sure to schedule your next appointment within 3-4 months to help sustain the desired level of correction and 2 weeks follow-up appointment to discuss your future care plan and desired outcomes. I understand that this is a cosmetic treatment and payment is my responsibility. There is a fee for every injection procedure.