Looking for a quality sunscreen for your face? If yes, we have got you covered. With so many options available in the market, it becomes confusing which product is suitable for your skin. Similarly, it is the case when it comes to choosing a sunscreen. Nonetheless, in this article, you will learn how to buy a quality sunscreen.
● Know your skin type: Not every sunscreen works for every skin type. It’s therefore important to know your skin better in order to pick a suitable sunscreen. Interestingly, Alumier MD skincare brand is known for providing effective skin treatment products. If you are planning to purchase a sunscreen as per your skin requirements, don’t forget to check this brand. Alumier MD skin treatment products help in treating pigmentation, dry skin, oily skin, sensitivity, and many other skin-related issues.
● Check the label: It’s advisable to always check the label of a sunscreen before buying it. Many people just look for SPF 30 or above. However, having a sunscreen with a high SPF is not enough. Make sure you look for a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum label and at least SPF 30. It will protect you against both UVB and UVA rays.
● Select waterproof sunscreen: Not every sunscreen is water-resistant. There are brands that claim their products to be sunscreen when they are not. Don’t fall in the trap of such brands. It’s important to buy sunscreen that gives you full protection even when you are sweating.
● Take Advice from a Doctor: If you are unsure which sunscreen to use on your skin, it’s better to consult a skin physician. Instead of applying and experimenting with random products, you will get sound advice and recommendation from your doctor. MDs @ Queensway Medical have years of experience in treating all kinds of skin problems. Interestingly, you can book their free online consultation to get in touch with their experienced MDs.
● Mineral-based vs chemical based sunscreen: This is another important thing to pay attention to while looking
for a sunscreen. Many brands claim mineral-based sunscreens to be better than chemical-based sunscreens but don’t answer “why mineral sunscreens are better.”
The active ingredients in mineral sunscreens are zinc oxide and titanium oxide. This means you get maximum protection from harmful UV rays. However, they don’t blend with your skin completely and are chalkier. On the other hand, chemical sunscreens blend fully with your skin. However, they may be harmful for people with sensitive skin. In short, both mineral and chemical sunscreens have their pros and cons. It’s important to know your skin type or consult a skin physician to know which type of sunscreen is suitable for your skin.
It’s easy to get tempted by so many skincare products available in the market. However, don’t compromise when it comes to your skin. Take into consideration your skin type and other factors mentioned in this article before you pick a sunscreen. This article was first published on Lutus Blog